Tonga has a population of 103,036 people, as recorded in the 2011 census. 98% of the population is Tongan, whilst the other 2% is either European or non - Tongan Polynesians. Tonga consists of 176 islands and is located in the South Pacific.
Intercultural Communication: form of communicating globally; describes wide range of problems in communication between cultures.
Intercultural communication is essential for individuals to better communicate with people from all over the world.
Important reasons for having intercultural communication include:
- Avoiding ignorance
- Creating a deeper understanding of others and cultures
- Avoiding confrontation
- Cultural relativism
- Avoiding ethnocentricity
- Avoiding trouble
- Assists in workplace
- Increased education and knowledge
- Expands worldview
This site enables those wishing to travel to Tonga to have a better understanding of the culture and the ways of communication. This is essential to the traveller having the best experience.